The U.S. population is becoming increasingly diverse, especially among low-income children and families. The growing number of multicultural, multilingual communities across the country has prompted a call to action for many service providers and funders, and renewed attention to the disparities in access and utilization of services. In order to keep pace with the demand, community-based organizations (CBOs) must deliver more culturally responsive services.
The aim of this webinar is to help programs to conceptualize and achieve cultural responsiveness to serve the needs of their diverse communities. We will provide a brief overview of the companion resource guide and discuss the following topics:
• Choosing interventions,
• Conducting a needs assessment,
• Selecting appropriate measures and measurement approaches,
• Collaborating with other organizations,
• Ensuring workforce diversity, and
• Budgeting for culturally competent programs.
Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 14:00 to 15:00
National Research Center on Hispanic Children & Families